Welcome to Saskatchewan Association of Immigrant Settlement Integration Agencies (SAISIA)! We’re a non-profit umbrella organization for settlement and integration agencies in Saskatchewan.
Established in 1987, SAISIA serves newcomers by providing settlement and integration agencies in Saskatchewan with access to professional development and opportunities to network, as well as links to resources they can use to strengthen and enhance their internal procedures, client programs and services.
SAISIA is the voice of immigration and settlement agencies to the federal, provincial and municipal governments, the community, and the public.
We acknowledge that we operate on Treaty 6 territory, the traditional gathering land of 31 Indigenous peoples and the homeland of the Métis. We reaffirm our relationship with the Indigenous Peoples of this territory- this is an important part of our history and an important part of our future.
- To act as a consultative, advisory and resource body for all stakeholders vis-à-vis matters, namely laws, policies, protocols, programs and service supports, relating to immigrants and refugees.
- To facilitate professional development opportunities including conferences, learning events, accreditation, knowledge and information exchange among member agencies.
- To facilitate community advocacy, government engagement and public education activities geared toward collaborative partnerships, networking and community connections.
- To stimulate and conduct research development initiatives, evaluation and an ongoing study of immigration trends, funding opportunities, effectiveness of programs and service delivery methods.
- To undertake revenue generation activities including fundraisers that further the vision, mission and goal of SAISIA.
- To act as the provincial leader and body empowered to provide the collective voice for all agencies and groups in Saskatchewan working in support of immigrants and refugees.
To learn more about SAISIA and its strategic objectives, please download the strategy document.