Who Is SAISIA?
Established in 1987, SAISIA serves newcomers by providing Saskatchewan settlement and integration agencies with access to professional development and opportunities to network, as well as links professional resources they can use to enhance their internal procedures, and client programs and services.
Core Values & Guiding Principles
Service Excellence:'SAISIA works together with its member agencies to ensure excellent quality is provided within its services and activities. (Detailed in Article 6 of its bylaws).
Collaboration:SAISIA works openly with its member agencies, as well as provincial and national stakeholders, leveraging its collective strength to ensure beneficial decisions are made for the SK settlement sector and newcomers to SK.
Client Centered:SAISIA ensures its focus and mandate remain on newcomer clients to the province. This is achieved through the support and development of its member agencies.
Proactive Leadership:SAISIA has the courage to shape a better future for newcomers to SK by making decisions that are grounded in correct principle and in accordance with its Constitution and Bylaws with the primary purpose of serving its mandate.
Interculturalism:SAISIA believes interculturalism is the integration of different cultures within a society that acknowledges the differences, yet its foundation is formed on the interchangeability of cultures that will create a diverse and unified society.
Accountability:SAISIA holds itself transparent and responsible for the decisions it makes that affect the organization and its mandate.
Respect and Dignity:SAISIA values respect and dignity, whereby all decisions and actions reflect ethical behavior, diligence, honesty and compassion as we support each other to achieve our goals and outcomes.
Engagement:SAISIA believes in strategic outcome focused community conversations to facilitate learning and meaningful change.
Diversity:SAISIA believes in embracing the rich dimensions of diversity within all individuals, as we work together in an atmosphere that promotes and celebrates the benefits of our differences and similarities.
- To act as the Provincial Leader and Body empowered to provide the collective voice for all agencies and groups in Saskatchewan working in support of immigrants and refugees.
- To act as a consultative, advisory and resource body for all stakeholders vis-à-vis matters, namely: laws, policies, protocols, programs and service supports, relating to immigrants and refugees.
- To facilitate professional development opportunities including conferences, learning events, accreditation, knowledge and information exchange amongst member agencies.
- To facilitate community advocacy, government engagement and public education activities geared toward collaborative partnerships, networking and community connections.
- To stimulate and conduct research development initiatives, evaluation and an ongoing study of immigration trends, funding opportunities, effectiveness of programs and service delivery methods.
- To undertake revenue generation activities including fundraisers that further the Vision, Mission and Goal of SAISIA.